123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 220 locations nationwide and in excess of 3000 employees. Our dentist first, patient focused philosophy, empowers our teams with the tools and support needed to provide industry leading care. We’re now recruiting a Finance Analyst to join the team based at our Burnaby Head Office.
One of the core businesses of 123Dentist is acquiring and merging dental practices which is a constant and regular part of the company’s activities. Based on this objective, the Financial Analyst supports the Finance Manager and the Director of Finance in the areas of integrating dental practices and the post-closing settlements of acquired dental practices. This is a role than requires a strong business understanding of cutoff procedures and processes particularly with accounting transactions in terms of costs outgoing and incoming cash flow. This position will communicate directly with the dental practices, along with working closely with office managers and regional managers.
Here’s What You Get to Do:
- Collaborate with Regional Managers and/or Office Managers in the dental practices for gathering and understanding data and reporting to generate post-closing settlement statements.
- Maintain a platform and processing of timely accounting and reconciliation of post-closing acquisition settlement transactions of purchased dental practices. This would involve reviewing and understanding Sales and Purchase Agreements that defines the terms of settlement.
- Generate reports that calculate and define the value of accounts receivables collections on a monthly basis for the previous ownership of dental practices for reimbursement.
- Develop and use tracking reports that allows the monitoring and compliance of post-closing settlement statements for all practices.
- Use the basis of accounts receivable collections to calculate variable services fees to pay dentists and other associates so they can be remitted on a monthly basis.
- Track and monitor post-closing expenses so they are attributed to the proper party of either the previous ownership dental practices or 123Dentist.
- Monitor the post-closing incoming cash flows for 123Dentist for the proper accounting and tracking so those funds will be recovered from the previous ownership dental practices through the bank reconciliation process.
- Assist in coordinating the finance integration activities of acquired practices with the Regional Managers and members of the Acquisition Team.
- Assist in developing proper documentation, manuals and training materials so knowledge can be shared and transferred to other members of the accounting team.
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Director of Finance in developing policies, procedures and standardization in dental practice acquisitions and post-closing settlements.
- Assist the Controller’s group in special quarter end and year end accounting deliverables such as work in progress calculations, unearned revenue, accrued revenue and inventory count and valuation projects.
- Others ad-hoc tasks and projects as requested.
What We are Looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required and likely working towards your CPA but not mandatory as experience is more important.
- 3+ years of relevant industry finance and accounting operations experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to adapt and interact at various levels throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Exposure to a rapidly growing transaction oriented multi-site environment preferred.
- Strong level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Sound business knowledge and strong technical accounting reconciliation skills to understand complex reconciliations.
- Ability to balance conflicting responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Capable of managing a heavy workload.
- Able to deal with people ethically, honestly and with integrity.
- Bilingual in French is highly desirable with solid communication skills in particular to reading, interpreting to English and speaking as we have several QB-based dental practices.
What We are Offering:
- Full-time permanent employment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- A collaborative team that will support and train you
- Challenging and rewarding role that will develop your skillset and talent
- Dynamic, fast-paced and growing company, with an entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude.
Please visit our website and apply online IMMEDIATELY at: www.123dentist.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.