123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 230 locations nationwide and in excess of 3000 employees. Our dentist first, patient focused philosophy, empowers our teams with the tools and support needed to provide industry leading care. We’re now recruiting an experienced Financial Systems Manager to join the team based at our Burnaby Head Office.
As the successful candidate, you will have a strong attention to detail and be excited to work alongside a dedicated team that shares the same drive and commitment to ensuring accuracy in all aspects of their work.
Here’s What You Get to Do:
- Supports the Director of Finance in the areas of planning and execution of financial systems initiatives for systemization, efficiency and change management to support the efficient finance and accounting operations.
- Accountable for all financial systems ranging from Microsoft Dynamics GP and all the main subsystems connected such as online Bank Reconciliation software, Certify Expense Reporting software and online Accounts Payable Automation software.
- Accountable for our Sikka interface software that integrates the dental practice software from all dental practices for data mining, analytical and reporting purposes.
- Manage the Microsoft Dynamics GP and Management Reporter system for efficient usage, adapt the system to the growth of the organization as new practices are acquired by creating new chart of accounts, new parameters such a new legal entities, provinces and practices for reporting. Maintain and continue to clean up the chart of accounts structure.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics GP for operational accounting efficiency such as developing standardized journal entry upload templates, develop key reporting data queries utilizing Smartlist and others working closing with the Accounting team. Develop proper documentation, manuals and training materials for Microsoft Dynamics, to facilitate and encourage the sharing of knowledge that can be shared and transferred to other members of the accounting team.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the Microsoft Dynamic SQL database for the Microsoft Dynamics GP program.
- Work closely with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to build and maintain data exchange tables and templates from Microsoft Dynamics GP to integrate with the enhanced financial reporting comparisons for the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Accountable for key finance and accounting payment systemization projects and integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP such as batch electronic EFT payments, automated electronic bill payments and multiple bank account transfers for batch processing.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the Trintech Adra Bank Reconciliation software and continually analyze to improve the automation and matching process by fully reviewing the complexities and intricacies of the key dental practice management software and the integration to the Sikka software to Adra and to the RBC bank transaction data. Review to change the process and procedures at the dental practices to improve the bank reconciliation automation matching process.
- Accountable for the Microsoft Dynamics GP Nolan bank reconciliation
- Develop and maintain month end system simulation and automation programs of routine and time consuming processes and procedures of downloading and storing key bank statements and Visa statements in the respective shared folders. Automate the distribution of Visa statements to the card holders.
- Work with the Director of Finance in leading the Project Management of developing, implementing and roll out the Certify expense reporting software and the online Accounts Payable Automation software. Develop and maintain training manuals and train all users to use the program. Continually maintain the entire program.
- Manage the overall compliance of all credit card users for reporting their monthly Visa statements and Certify reporting.
- Work with external IT consultants on the integration of data from our financial systems to help in building the 123Dentist data warehouse for BI Analytics.
- Build and maintain data exchange tables and files for the integration and extrapolation of data from Sikka to create the mass upload process of monthly journal entries of revenue and cash bookings into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Research and maintain knowledge of current and up and coming technologies to evaluate technology and system upgrades and enhancements. Fully evaluate the next generation upgrade of our financial accounting system Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Microsoft Business Central.
- Assist the Director of Finance in developing policies, procedures and standardization in many areas of the organization related to accounting, finance and administrative tasks.
- Develop and maintain the yearly inventory count templates by data mining and data consolation of key files from the major dental supplier companies.
- Assist in special quarter end and year end accounting deliverables and projects.
- Others ad-hoc tasks and projects as requested.
What We are Looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required and CPA preferred but not mandatory as experience is more important.
- 7+ years of progressive relevant industry finance and accounting operations systems experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, transactions and reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of business operations and how processes and procedures can become more efficient through the use of business systems and technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL database structure and maintenance would be beneficial.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required and understanding and developing Excel macros would be highlight beneficial.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Bachelor of Computer Science would be beneficial
- Exposure to a rapidly growing transaction oriented multi-site environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to adapt and interact at all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to balance conflicting responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Capable of managing a heavy workload.
- Able to deal with people ethically, honestly and with integrity.
What We are Offering:
- Full-time permanent employment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- A collaborative team that will support and train you
- Challenging and rewarding role that will develop your skillset and talent
- Dynamic, fast-paced and growing company, with an entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude.
Please visit our website and apply online IMMEDIATELY at: www.123dentist.com/careers. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.