Who We Are:
123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 350 locations nationwide and in excess of 4000 employees. We provide Canadian dentists and dental practices with an array of non-clinical support and resources, including accounting, HR, marketing, as well as supply & equipment procurement. By leveraging our unmatched management experience, marketing expertise and state-of-the-art technologies, we allow dentists to take advantage of a practical and effective alternative to practice ownership and focus on what they’re best at – being a dentist!
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Services Advisor will provide support in all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, training, employee relations, and other day to day administration activities.
This role is key in providing HR guidance and customer service to all levels of leadership within the organization to ensure compliance with corporate policies, employment law, employment standards and best practices.
The HR Services Advisor will support a high-performance, high volume work environment which optimizes internal processes and ensures all activities are well planned, coordinated and directed while also satisfying the needs of the business objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Consult with leaders to proactively identify needs, understand challenges, and provide recommendations for improvement in the way people management is carried out
- Plan and develop HR strategies and solutions to meet business requirements of client areas while maintaining consistency and alignment with overall business objectives and policies set by the VP of HR
- Participate in development, implementation and communication of company-wide HR projects, initiatives, policies
- Coach and influence leadership on all areas of HR issues including performance management, employee relations, workforce planning, organizational design and resourcing, employee and organizational development, progressive discipline, talent management, succession planning, attraction and retention strategies, job evaluation
- Produce monthly/quarterly and annual HR metrics and reporting
- Manage and resolve low-mid level employee relations issues. Assist in investigations as required.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation on Labour Laws and Employment Standards.
- Other duties as assigned by your leader or Executive
- Work closely with the Regional Managers to cultivate the 123Dentist culture; collaborate to create and implement best practices and policies that will govern the team to meet objectives
- Build and maintain strongly influential working relationships with all client areas, including senior leadership, to enable effective service delivery with high trust, credibility and influence
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with HR, recruitment and payroll colleagues including subject matter experts
- Facilitate teamwork and constructive working relationships within client areas, including use of conflict resolution techniques where appropriate.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop comprehensive and strategic solutions to complex cases
- Good business acumen and understanding to allow appropriate partnership with client groups
- Strong interpersonal skills with knowledge and experience in consulting and facilitation, with the ability to assess leadership team capabilities and influence leaders to align with strategic HR goals
- Flexible and able to adapt to quickly shifting business priorities and demands
- Solid understanding of HR practices and processes
- Customer service mindset in all HR functions
- Able to work independently to support business operations
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- High degree of integrity, tact and empathy.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Think creatively to improve processes and efficiencies within the department and organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when addressing issues, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Anticipate implications of decisions made and prepare a response or solution to new problems that may arise
- Use effective problem solving, conflict management and negotiation skills to successfully resolve performance and disciplinary issues
- Engage with internal and external customers in a meaningful way that builds loyalty and trust
- Resolve any cross-boundary conflicts and provide coaching and accountability to maintain a harmonious team environment.
- Promote a positive and productive work environment by creating opportunities that motivate individuals to collaborate
- Encourage information-sharing and high-level communication at all times.
Innovation and Change
- Recognize diverse backgrounds and needs within the organization
- Propose new methods and approaches that benefit the organization.
Education, Credential & Qualifications
- A university degree or college diploma in a related Human Resources or Business field or working towards
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an HR Generalist
- Human Resources Professional (CPHR) designation
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint in particular)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.