123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 350 locations nationwide and in excess of 5000 employees. We provide Canadian dentists and dental practices with an array of non-clinical support and resources, including accounting, HR, marketing, as well as supply & equipment procurement. By leveraging our unmatched management experience, marketing expertise and state-of-the-art technologies, we allow dentists to take advantage of a practical and effective alternative to practice ownership and focus on what they’re best at – being a dentist!
We are now actively recruiting a dynamic and highly motivated Operations Manager to drive and support our national practice operations for our dental clinic(s) in locations across Canada. This newly created role will take direction from, and have the support of, our VP’s of Operations and will be primarily responsible for providing dental practice leadership, direction and support to our growing network of Regional Managers, as well as Managing Dental Partners, with a view to ensuring financial and operational success.
What you will get to do:
- Facilitate weekly/monthly calls with the Operations Team to establish strategic, outcome-oriented goals for the forthcoming week, month, etc.
- Effectively represent a positive, inclusive and collegial organizational culture to ensure consistency across the entire network
- Develop, implement and oversee all new projects and initiatives that relate to operations
- Anticipate, deploy and manage the necessary resources required to achieve pre-determined goals and objectives in an effective and timely manner
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly/annual budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budgetary targets, including a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide regular and frequent project progress updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders re: strategy, timelines and adjustments, as necessary
- Manage all vendor contracts by assigning tasks and communicating expectations re: deliverables, budget and timelines
- Engender and maintain relationships with the various licensing and/or regulatory bodies/associations/colleges (for facility permits, X-ray permits, etc.)
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor project progress and make adjustments and measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Develop, implement and oversee marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor and calibrate outcomes that will help to achieve operational and organizational goals
- Define key performance indicators (‘KPI’) for the Operations Team and monitor progress while identifying areas for opportunity and improvement
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster and enhance employee wellbeing and engagement
- Represent the organization at events with Colleges and Universities, as required
- Organize and maintain all records relating to Operations
- Update Health and Safety, Operations Manual, Operations Training and Testing
- Orientate all new Operational hires with proper training and resources
- Maintain the VPs of Operations’ calendars and scheduled appropriately
- Provide additional administrative and operational support for the Executive Team, as required
- Review all necessary financial reports (PL, Flash and Financial documents) with Leadership and/or Executive Team(s) and identify areas of opportunity.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years’ of operations management in a fast-paced, high volume dental clinic operations environment or 5-8 years’ experience in dental practice management at a high-volume well-established dental office
- Financial and marketing knowledge within the dental industry and demonstrated ability to increase market presence and growth of the dental practices
- Exceptional relationship management skills to build bridges and eliminate any gaps between partner dentists, clinical staff and corporate
- Strong written and oral communications skills with ability to clearly articulate strategies, plans, and processes in order to ensure everyone is on the same page
- Demonstrable proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint is a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to excel within a face-pace, diverse organizational environment and ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel between various locations / clinics to reinforce culture and improve work environments.
123Dentist is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.