Who we are:
We continue to grow! 123Dentist is Canada’s largest majority dentist-owned network of dental practices with more than 230 locations nationwide and in excess of 3000 employees. Our dentist first, patient focused philosophy, empowers our teams with the tools and support needed to provide industry leading care. We’re now recruiting an additional Payroll Administrator to join the team based at our Burnaby Head Office.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, as the successful candidate you will play a vital part to collaboratively process the payroll for over 3,000 employees across Canada in a timely and accurate fashion. You will be proactive, have a strong attention to detail and be keen to learn. Furthermore, you love working with numbers and with a payroll team who share the same passion for technical excellence, accuracy and customer service.
Here’s What You Get to Do:
- Administer and process bi-weekly payroll and benefits for salary, hourly and temporary employees
- Process new hire onboarding and offboarding through Dayforce (payroll system)
- Process pay adjustments, retroactive and vacation calculations and payments accordingly
- Reconciliation of company’s timesheet system including but not limited to adjusting leave entitlements and time entry errors
- Respond to a variety of inquiries surrounding payroll and benefits from managers, employees, and escalating issues when necessary
- Collaborate with payroll team on complex payroll matters or issues
- Conduct account analysis and reconciliations on taxable benefits, vacation entitlements, employee benefits, and CPP/EI/Income Tax deductions
- Reconciliation of CRA Accounts
- Calculate, complete and balance all transactions related to third party payments of garnishments, income taxes, etc. to meet regulatory compliance and accounting requirements
- Maintain payroll related data files including electronic files, offer letters, onboarding forms into Dayforce
- Keep up to date on latest government rules and regulations on payroll source deductions and remittances, taxable benefits, workers compensation and employment standards related to compensation.
- Maintain Year-end reconciliation and updating Year-end adjustments
- Generate and process statutory government filing such as T4 and ROE through Dayforce in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct monthly (when required) and quarterly payroll audit to ensure employee and payroll data is accurate
- Conducts ad-hoc reports for Sr. Management, HR, and Finance team
- Other duties as assigned.
What We are Looking for:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate (PCP)
- Minimum of 2 years of Canadian payroll experience (multi province experience an asset)
- An attitude of “everyone is our customer”
- Must be a strong multitasker with high attention to detail
- Stays up to date in current Employment Standards
- Be a team player that strives for excellence
- Good knowledge of the payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
What We are Offering:
- Full-time permanent employment, competitive salary and great benefits package
- Educational reimbursement
- A friendly, collaborative team that will support and train you
- Challenging and rewarding role that will develop your skillset and talent
- Dynamic, fast-paced and growing company, with an entrepreneurial, ‘can do’ attitude.
123Dentist is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.