The team at Westgate Dental Care, centrally located in Cambridge, ON are actively recruiting a passionate, hard-working Registered Dental Hygienist on a PART TIME basis. The ideal Hygienist for our team will be highly motivated to educate patients on preventative dental care and oral hygiene, as well as empower them in their commitment to good oral health by developing treatment plans and home care routines tailored towards the patients’ needs.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
- Full-time/part-time employment, competitive wage
- Training from highly skilled, experienced dental professionals; a great opportunity for new grads to grow and excel as a Hygienist
- A collaborative team and environment to help you succeed as a Hygienist. Working at Westgate, you will experience a positive team-oriented environment as it is a massive part of who we are
- The schedule will be: Monday (9am-2pm); Tuesday (12pm-8pm); Wednesday (11am-7pm) and 2 Saturday's p/month (8.30am-3.30pm).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
- Min of 1+ year of experience as an RDH
- Valid CPR Certification
- Experience with dental practice management software is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and families
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Conduct screening procedures including but not limited to, assessment and documentation of patient’s oral health, dental charting, scaling and root planning developing dental radiographs, etc.
- Contribute to providing a welcoming and warm atmosphere in the treatment room by ensuring the patient is comfortable and aware of what to expect
- Engage patients to build trust and rapport throughout the dental experience
- Educate patients and families on appropriate preventative oral hygiene strategies
- Formulate treatment plans and work closely with patients and families to encourage patient ownership and ensure plan adherence
- Ensure all dental instruments and equipment are properly maintained through disinfection, sterilization, and cleaning as per Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) principles, and replaced if needed
- Ensure patient files are updated accordingly after each interaction and update into the practice management system.
123Dentist is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.